Dance Around the World for amateur orchestra
Anthony Ritchie Opus 98a
- Opus No: 98a
- Category: Amateur Orchestra
- Year: 2000
- Duration: 8 minutes
- Commissioned by Columba College
- Instrumentation: for school orchestra flute 1, flute 2, oboe, clarinet 1 in B flat, clarinet 2 in B flat, Flugel Horn in B flat, 3 percussionists playing Roto toms, bass drum, triangle, rainmaker, cymbal, wood block, sleigh bells, maracas, cow bell, Piano duet (4 hands at one keyboard) 1st violins (with solo), 2nd violins, violas, cellos, double bass.
The scoring is flexible: trumpet could be used instead of Flugel, for instance.
- Level: 1 | Amateur musicians and children
This work evokes dance styles from different parts of the world, without using any real folk music. The six dances are linked without a break:
- 1. Maori Action Song
- 2. Celtic Gig
- 3. Transylvannian 'Swaying Dance'
- 4. Ragtime Dance
- 5. Latin American Dance
- 6. Russian Sabre Dance
Buy the right to download a single pdf containing the full score, online, and permission to print it as required for one organisation: NZ$25.00
Parts are available on request.
A link to your file should arrive by email within 6 minutes of ordering. If it does not, please send an email to bellbirdpublications at gmail dot com